The Tree of Life (ToL) shapeshift is our signature healing ability. It is a powerful ability that allows us to pump out extra healing during tough moments, as well as conserving mana by using our healing spells strategically. Understanding how to use the ToL effectively and efficiently is very important.
Effects of ToL
Along with +120% bonus armor and +15% healing, ToL changes some of our spells:
|Lifebloom||Allows you to cast Lifebloom on an unlimited number of targets.|
|Wild Growth||Wild Growth can be applied to an additional two targets.|
|Entangling Roots||Instant cast, damage increased by 200%.|
|Wrath||Cast time reduced by 50%, damage increased by 30%.|
Using ToL effectively
Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to use your ToL cooldown early in raid encounters, to allow you to use it again, later in the fight. However, if you know that there is a particularly taxing time a short period into the encounter, you may want to save ToL for then.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of ToL:
- Once you are familiar with an encounter, decide whether you should be using ToL “early and often”, or saving it for a particular period in the fight.
- If you alternate Tranquility and Tree of Life, you can have a healing cooldown every 1.5 minutes.
- On fights with huge damage periods where you need a big Tranquility, pop ToL and Wild Growth before you cast Tranquility; ToL will boost your Tranquility healing by 15%, and having Wild Growth down on up to 8 people will mean that those people will benefit from Symbiosis. Doing this will squeeze as much out of it as possible!
- Roll Lifebloom on as many people as you can; this is cheap and effective healing, but will also give you lots of Clearcasting procs from Omen of Clarity + Malfurion’s Gift.
When you get a Clearcasting proc, generally you will want to use it for free instant Regrowths. With Lifebloom on multiple people, the Clearcasting procs will often come in faster than you can use them, so you can fire off lots of instant Regrowths. You can use the Clearcasting procs to cast Healing Touch if someone needs more healing, if you need to.
- Try to top up the Lifebloom stacks before ToL finishes; if you can then allow those to expire on people, it’s “free” top-up healing.
Remember also that since you are mostly (if not exclusively) using instant-cast spells in ToL, you are free to heal on the run. Take advantage of this, and remember it for fights that force you to move.
- If you pay attention to your Clearcasting procs and use them well, ToL can be an extremely efficient period that can even let you regen mana (since your heals are either cheap, or entirely free).